That was scary! Our tankless on-demand water heater just erupted in fireworks and smoke! The lights blinked and we heard a horrible sound like electricity zapping. Sparks were shooting across the bathroom and even through the unfinished wall into the room on the other side. A horrible smell of burnt wiring has filled the house. What scares me the most is that there is a breaker switch specifically for the unit that did not trip, and the breaker in the main box didn’t trip either.
All is fine, now. Both breakers have been shut off and water has been closed off from the unit. The guys are in there now dismantling everything and removing the water heater.
I guess that means there won’t be any showers to help keep me awake over night.
Or any hot shower tomorrow after my post-blogathon nap.
And it’ll probably be at the very least days before we get a replacement heater.
But the good news is it should still be under warranty and everyone is fine!!!